Crisis Stabilization Unit
If you require stabilization to return to your pre-crisis level of functioning, and can benefit from a short-term, person oriented, intensive service provided in a therapeutic setting, let us help. Our Community Psychiatric Supportive Treatment program is a 10-bed voluntary program that provides daily psychiatric evaluation, medication evaluation/administration, 24-hour nursing services, individual and group counseling, family intervention, and referral for follow-up services.
Following your crisis, we provide linkage with internal and external resources, including care coordination to help assist you in making a smooth transition on your return to the community and provide you with the support necessary to maintain your recovery and continued stability.
For your continued recovery, referrals to various specialized counseling groups are available following discharge.
Crisis Stabilization Services are provided by Southern Highlands Community Mental Health Center, 200 12th Street Extension, Princeton, WV. Referrals are welcome anytime. All Services are covered by WV Medicaid. If you have questions or would like more information, please call (304) 425-9541 ext. 1280. Referrals can be made by calling (304) 431-2869.
- Adult-must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be experiencing a mental health and or addiction related crisis that puts you at risk of hospitalization
- Must be willing to be treated voluntarily
- Must be willing and able to contract for safety
- Must be free from active homicidal ideations and excessive violent behavior
- Must be willing to agree to a person and belongings search
- Must agree to admission and random drug screens as well as blood alcohol levels if needed
- Must have a diagnosis of mental illness or substance abuse
- Must be medically stable and not require skilled nursing, BAC must be at or below 0.08 and vital signs must be stable
- Must have a means to secure medications
- Must have a placement to which you can return following discharge
- Out of state Customers will be served with payment in full required at the time of admission